Christopher Danhee Choi
University of Illinois Student
I'm a student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
This site is a place where I can show off my work and skills.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to get in contact with me through email, Facebook or Twitter.
Springfield Township High School
- Graduated 2013
- Cumulative GPA: 4.00/4.00
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sophomore - Statistics & Computer Science
- Overall GPA: 3.53/4.00
- Expected Graduation: Decemeber 2016
- CS 125: Intro to Computer Science
- MATH 213: Basic Discrete Mathematics
- CS 225: Data Structures
- CS 241: System Programming
- CS 410: Text Information Systems
- CS 411: Database Systems
- CS 412: Introduction to Data Mining
- STAT 400: Statistics and Probability I
- Intern - IT/Systems
- Januaray 2015 - Present
- Created video data collection program using Python programming language and OpenCV library in order to use the data for eye-tracking algorithm accuracy test.
- Researched on and learned about eye-tracking algorithm using OpenCV library in details and wrote a report for the next interns to work on this project.
EP Purification, Inc.
- Volunteer/Intern - Software Engineer
- October 2014 - May 2015
- Learned and coded in Arduino programming language in order to use Arduino to monitor the product's status online
- Added Bluetooth feature to the product using Bluetooth modules and Arduino programming
Harvard Business School
- Research Assistant - Computer/Web
- October 2014 - Present
- Work with other UIUC graduate students for Professor Xuan at Harvard Business School.
- Locate and organize data from 40,000+ files into Excel file using Python Programming Language and terminal commands.
Woori Jib Korean Restaurant
- August 2014 - Present
- Operate POS cash register application on iPad in the store.
- Advise customers on food choices.
- Serve dishes from kitchen to customers' hands.
Les Claviers Registered Student Organization
- Web Designer / Web Developer
- July 2014 - Present
- Designed and implemented its official website.
- Actively Updating design and other features.
- Check bottom for more details.
Crossway Reistered Student Organization (Korean Church of Champaign-Urbana)
- Lead Singer / Bible Study Teacher
- August 2013 - Present
- Lead worship as a lead singer every Friday at undergraduate ministry service.
- Teach bible study and lead activities that go along with the bible study every Sunday.
- Supervise Pre-K students while their parents are in service.
High School Academic Competition Team
- President / Team Captain
- September 2010 - May 2013
- Managed and conducted all the club meetings and events.
- Chose and led team members at academic team competitions.
Korean United Church of Philadelphia Korean School
- Teacher’s Assistant
- September 2010 - May 2013
- Taught Korean to students Pre-K to 8th grade.
- Filmed and editted videos for graduation ceremony.
- Prepared and printed materials for class.
Hope & Joy Summer School for Mentally Ill Students
- Teacher’s Assistant
- July 2010 & July 2012
- Taught students with Down syndrome basic math and writing skills.
- Apache: Hadoop, Solr
- Bilingual: Korean and English
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access
- Adobe Softwares: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Inno Setup 5
What I have done.
Click the images to view descriptions.
My friend and I made a web service called Lusication for the 2014 Spring Hackillinois. Lusication is a location-based music sharing network service. Lusication provides the songs your neigbors are listening to. (Since Firebase trial is expired, the service is not available right now.)
I designed and made this website for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Registered Student Organization Les Claviers.
Technologies used: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
I designed and made this website for my father sign design/installation business website.
For my CS 410 project, my partner and I made a sports central website helping you to search sports-related news articles. The website also provides users' opinions on sports event and incidents from Twitter. Click project report for more details.
My friends and I made a website called Phonebell 2014 Fall HackMizzou. Phonebell is a Web App that allows a user to scan a QR code at a door instead of ringing an old last-century doorbell. This QR code contains an encrypted url that interacts with the Twilio API to call or text the homeowner.
For CS 411 project, my teammates and I made a website helping you to search food recipe and ingredient according to your health and cusine preferences. And, it suggests food that would help them to manage your body fat and weight according to their data, and it provides body weight change trends graph. For this project, I designed and implemented the front-end part of the website/web application, and I wored on connection between PHP and school MySQL database.
IAM Portfolio Fall 2014
For International Advertising Mob (IAM) student organization, IAM Creative Team made a protfolio website for their fall 2014 semester's work. I primarily designed and implemented the website.
Honors / Awards
- 2011 Temple University Future of Computing IST Center Award & Intern U Best High School Project Silver Award
- 2012 American Mathematics Competition 12 (AMC 12) Distinguished Honor Roll (Top 1% National)
- 2012 American Invitational Mathematics Examination (AIME) Qualifier
- 2010 Governor Honors for First Place for the KSEA National Math Competition (Governor Edward G. Rendell)
- 2010 KSEA National Math Competition 9th Grade First Place in Philadelphia Chapter
- 2014 Spring Hackillinois Participation
- 2014 Fall HackMizzou Participation